Monday, September 20, 2010

Items I Had When I Was Growing Up


So here are some items that I had whilst I was growing up, starting from earliest to latest:


I actually had one if these things, I blame it on peer pressure.
While attending Sun Valley Primary School they made scholars wear this thing, wtf! I mean really when I was in grade 3 the last thing I wanted to wear was one of these. I remember gala days at the "olympic" pool (shudder). I would stand by at the edge of the pool with my "Simba the lion" towel. As the gun went off I would throw that towel away and belly flop into the water..... Great times
Vinnie, Modo and Throttle.... Enough Said
G I Joes were my next calling. I only had a few, probably like 2. Anyways I enjoyed making parachutes from Pick 'n Pay packets and some string and throwing them from my cousins balcony.




Walkie Talkies were awesome, I felt like a soldier radioing in for backup, except I only had 2 walkie talkies so I was just talking to either my brother or my cousin.
BB gunes were cool too. I remember when my dad took my brother and I to "Game City" in Blue Route Mall to buy each of us one. I chose the Glock coz it looked cool. I actually still have this somewhere. BB gunes mixed with walkie talkies and you had a war in your back garden. I cried when I got shot though......It hurts ok.
Playstation 1. Again I still have this somewhere.
Island style shoes. The black ones with white stitching and the orange rubber sole.
I soon upgraded from the Glock BB gun to a BSA Meteor Air Rifle. I used to shoot bags full of water that I would hang from my old swing set in the back garden

I got my first cellphone, it was my dads old one and my brother and I had to share it. The best ringtone was probably the "ring ring" one I guess.
I then got a PS2, this was a cool console, just got rid of it last week. Still being sold new in some stores.
Ericsson T20. My next Phone. I actually got the phone new! The flip down piece was great
After the Ericsson I had Motorola which had flashing lights on side. It was a cool phone. The lights were pretty gay though. But then I got this useless, good for nothing, excuse for a music phone, a Nokia N81.
I got my dads old I900 Omnia after that. I thought it would be cool to get a touch screen phone....Bad move. It took 3 hours to type a message saying that you would be 5 minutes late........ pointless
My current phone..... Blackberry 9700 Bold. Awesome.

Ok, enough reminiscing about my past, pretty boring, I know!

1 comment: